I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Kausus at otakugamerzone.com! I remember when I first started my blog and I started seeing these nominations and thinking how cool it would be to get one. It’s now a few months later and it’s actually happened. I want to say a massive thank you because I honestly appreciate this so much.
So the rules of the award dictate that I should post eleven random facts about myself, answer the eleven questions given by the nominator, and then nominate blogs with less than 200 followers who I think are deserving with my own eleven questions.
My eleven random facts:
- Outside of anime, I’m really into Doctor Who. So much so, that my friends challenged me to watch all 50 years in the space of a few months. I did.
- I really don’t like giant robots as much as my anime history suggests.
- Didn’t stop me from naming my laptop after Eva Unit 01 though (it’s purple).
- I really enjoy performing.
- The idea of a cosplay dance troupe is my idea of heaven.
- I don’t like sushi, so whenever I go to a sushi place with friends I order gyoza instead.
- My favourite Sanrio character is Gudetama.
- I’m really good at making French Toast.
- I used to be terrified of dogs.
- I have a slight addiction to tea so I’m definitely living up to the British stereotype.
- I occasionally do YouTube videos.
1. What got you into Anime, Gaming, Writing, etc…? What was a big factor in this?
It’s very cliché, but the first few anime I watched were Pokemon, Digimon, and Sailor Moon. I loved the art style and wanted to watch more but being the early 2000s in England, there wasn’t a lot that was available before a 7 year old’s bedtime. So another 7 years later when my friend (now best friend) introduced me to Naruto, I just consumed as much anime as I possibly could.
2. If you could meet one voice actor/actress, who would they be and why?
There are honestly so many, but meeting Maile Flanagan (Naruto’s English VA) a few days ago was really great. If I had to pick one though, it’d have to be Kate Higgins because not only has she voiced great characters like C.C. from Code Geass, Ami Mizuno in the Viz dub of Sailor Moon, and countless voices for Bleach, but her most famous role is my favourite character from any fictional series ever: Sakura Haruno. I’d love to be able to tell her how much Sakura means to me.
3. What made you want to blog?
It was mostly a way of stopping myself going insane over university assignments when I first started. It gave me at least some time a week where I wasn’t working but I still had a self-imposed deadline which kept the structure I needed to be able to keep up with my actual deadlines.
4. Wine or Cheese?
Can I go for wine and cheese? But if I had to choose, I’d go for the cheese because it doesn’t give you a hangover the next day.
5. If you could redo one review or post you have done, knowing what you are capable of now, what would that post be and why?
It’d probably be my Yuri Kuma Arashi review because it was my first one so it was really short and I didn’t really know what I was doing.
6. What are your top five bands/groups?
I can’t even think of five because I used to really like quite a few bands but now I just tend to listen to random J-Pop songs. If I had to choose though, Skillet and Black Veil Brides would definitely be on that list.
7. Who or what is your inspiration for what you do in life?
I haven’t decided on a path yet so I don’t really have an inspiration. Although Sakura does inspire me to keep improving myself to be the best person I can be.
8. When it comes to gaming, What platform do you prefer and why? If you don’t play video games, then what tabletop games and why?
I prefer Playstation over Xbox, but I tend to play fighter games so pressing buttons isn’t always as cathartic as shaking a Wii remote to kill people.
9. How long have you been writing?
For this blog, only four months. But I’ve been writing various different things for absolute years. Everything from questionable fanfiction to more serious stuff.
10. If you had to give up one thing, whether it was gaming, anime, writing, etc… Which would it be and why?
I’d probably give up gaming, because I don’t have that much time to play so I’ve never been as involved with video games as I’d have liked.
11. Where do you see your blog/website this time next year?
Hopefully with a lot more views (haha!). I hope I’m still updating regularly because I have no idea where the next few months are going to take me.
And here are my eleven questions:
- If you had to pick one magical girl as your favourite, who would it be and why?
- If you could choose any single season anime to be picked up for a second season, which would it be?
- Do you have a favourite spot to write in?
- Favourite Japanese food?
- Favourite food from your country?
- Manga or Anime?
- Out of any series you’ve watched or read, who is your favourite romantic pairing?
- Does anyone you know IRL know that you have your blog?
- What kinds of YouTube videos do you like watching?
- If you had to choose one character to cosplay, who would it be?
- I hate to be that person but… sub or dub?
Once again I want to say a big thank you to Kausus for nominating me so please check out their blog here. They were my first follower on WordPress so thanks for supporting me for the last four months!